- Approximately 625,000 teen girls become pregnant each year in the U.S.
- That’s approximately 1,700 teen girls per day.
- One Third of teen pregnancies occur among girls 17 and younger.
- Two-Thirds of teen pregnancies occur among girls 18-19 years old.
- High school aged girls (17-) represent 8% of all non-marital births.
- Adults (18+) represent 92% of all non-marital births.
- Teen pregnancies, births, and abortions have been steadily falling since 1991 and are now approximately 50% lower today than in 1991.
- Today, teen pregnancies, births, and abortions are at all-time recorded lows.
- Saving all sexual activity for marriage is the only sure way to avoid non-marital pregnancy.